1. Combine the breading ingredients, mix thoroughly and set aside.
2. Combine the seasoning ingredients, mix thoroughly and set aside.
3. Wash, clean and drain the chicken pieces.
4. Mix the chicken pieces with the seasoning blend and refrigerate for 1 hour.
5. Combine the water and flour for the batter and mix thoroughly.
6. In a deep pan or pot, put enough oil to cover the chicken and heat to 350°F.
7. Toss the pieces of chicken in the breading mix making sure the pieces are
properly covered in breading, shake off excess breading.
8. Place the pieces in the batter mix and turn each piece a few times to ensure coverage. Remove and allow to drain.
9. Place the pieces in the breading a second time and turn the pieces to allow for proper coating of the pieces.
10. Shake off the excess breading, place in the heated oil and allow to fry for 13 to 15 minutes, turn the pieces once during
frying to achieve a uniform golden-brown colour . Once the internal temperature reaches 165°F the chicken is cooked.
11. Remove allow to cool and serve with a smile. It Must Be Arawak Fried Chicken.
1 3lb Arawak chicken cut into 9 to 10 pieces Oil
For Batter Mix:
1 cup of flour 2 cups of water
For Breading Mix:
4 cups of flour
1 tbsp black pepper
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp baking soda
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tbsp corn starch
1/2 tbsp salt
For Seasoning Mix:
1/2 tbsp black pepper
1/2 tbsp onion powder
1/2 tbsp garlic powder
1/2 tbsp salt
1/4 tbsp paprika
1/4 tbsp cayenne